|The F/V Stephanie was built in 1917 in San Francisco for the International
Fish Co and was originally named the International No. 3
|The Stephanie has had two
major disasters in her life, the
first was when one of the crew
members left the deck hose over
the side, it back syphoned and
she floundered at the dock.
|The boat was renamed Stephanie when the International Fish Co went bankrupt. The boat
was given to Tom Lazio and he renamed it daughter.
|The Stephanie's second major
disaster was in 1952 when she was
wrecked in Crescent City on top of
McLeroy rock. The Captain of the
vessel was ordered to move the
vessel during an escalating storm
and was caught in rough water and
drivin over the rock.
|When the boat was wrecked in Crescent
City it was sold to Karl Enberg for half the
boats value and was salvaged and
continued to fish.
|The Stephanie fished until 2003
when the government bought back
her permit which made it illegal for
her to fish again in free waters.
Because she cannot fish there is no
way for her to make money for
herself, so now she sits at the dock.
|Presently the Stephanie sits at a dock deteriorating from lack of maintenance, but no longer.
The Humboldt Bay Maritime Museum and the City Eureka are working towards fixing up this
old girl so she can once again serve her community.
|The Stephanie is a piece of history
and should be saved, she was one
of the first vessels to commercial
drag fish. She has been around so
long, over 90 years, and we
shouldn't put that to waste, she is
important to our history and